for firing from cone 06 to cone 10
More Georgies Glazes: Sculptural/Textural Stoneware Raku
Skip this text: I want more info or I'm ready to shop.
Click here to visit the How-To Techniques page for technique sheets.
Come Play With Your Glazes!
Every one of our Interactive Pigments is a fresh catalyst for your creativity! Starting from their rich, warm earth tones, these pigments create different results with each new clay or glaze you use with them. Pat Horsley once said that "Nothing is the same, and everything matters." Those words have never been more true than with Interactive Pigments!
- Use them under your glazes for solid color coverage or design work.
- Use them with wipe-back techniques for antiqued finishes to enhance texture, either alone or under a glaze.
- Use them over raw glazes (dry but unfired) for majolica techniques at cone 6.
- Use them with wax resist and multiple glazes for inlays and other design techniques.
No matter how you use them, you'll get color (or texture, or both!) results new and different from what you've seen before with your glazes. Check out the Pigment Plates below for just a handful of the possibilities.
Click the totem to visit our How-To Techniques page for technique sheets for this totem and many more projects.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Shake and stir well. Apply only 1 coat with a soft brush. Pigments may be thinned with water to lower the concentrations of color. As with all ceramic materials, do not eat, drink or smoke while working with clays or glazes.
FOOD SAFETY & HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS: Food safety for the Interactive Pigments is variable, depending on your application, the glaze, and intensity of pigment in the glaze. When the surface of the glaze has a high metallic sheen, or when the pigmented surface looks dull (and the glaze by itself wasn't), these are clues that the finish will not be foodsafe. If you like these effects, keep them on the outside of your vessels, for decoration only.
- IP201, IP202, IP203, IP205, IP206, IP207, IP208, IP209, IP211 and IP212 are certified as nontoxic when used as directed by brushing. Do not spray! IP201, IP203 and IP211 are the best choices for use in K-6 school programs.
- IP207, IP208, and IP212 contain cobalt, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer. Although this product has been determined in laboratory testing to be nontoxic, we have chosen to tag it with a Cautionary Label. You should wear protective gloves and clothing when working with these pigments. They are not recommended for use in K-6 school programs.
Information Sheets to Download
Click the thumbnails for larger, more detailed photos.
IP99 Georgies Interactive Pigment Sample Set http://www.georgies.com/projects/thumb-pigment-sponge-stamp-prefire.jpg Georgies Ceramic & Clay Georgies Interactive Pigments Sample Set IP99 4oz jars of 8 different pigments to augment your glazes firing from cone 06 to cone 10.
IP99 • $33.99
Interactive Pigments Sample Set
- $54.71 value if purchased separately
- 4oz each of 8 colors to augment your glazes firing from cone 06 to cone 10
- Includes 4oz jar each of PG629 Super Clear, PG630 Zinc-Free Clear, GLW12 Eggshell Wash, GLW32 Latte
- does not include discontinued colors.
- shipped by flat rate (if no other items ordered)